I’m back to experimenting on this blog with a new plugin I’m considering for the Peaceful Bend site. So I’m sharing an old truffle recipe here. Hope you like it, and I also hope it posts up correctly!
Double Dark Chocolate Orange Truffles
Recipe Type: Dessert
A rich, delicious chocolate truffle with a delicious note of orange.
- 2 10oz bags dark chocolate chips
- 4 Tbl heavy cream
- 1 stick butter
- 1 tsp orange flavoring
- 1 Tbl vegetable shortening
- In a double boiler, melt 1 bag of chocolate chips and the butter. Stir in the heavy cream and orange flavoring until the mixture is smooth. Once everything is melted and mixed, pour into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap or wax paper, and refrigerate until firm.
- Spoon out 1 tablespoon of chocolate mixture and form into a ball. Place onto a wax paper lined tray. Repeat until all the chocolate mixture has been formed into balls. Refrigerate again until firm.
- Meanwhile, melt the 2nd bag of chocolate in a double boiler along with 1 Tbl vegetable shortening. Keep the shortening nearby during this final stage, and if the chocolate begins to clump, lower the heat on the double boiler and stir in a bit more shortening to thin the chocolate again.
- Once the chocolate is melted roll the balls, one at a time, in the melted chocolate to coat. Use a fork to lift out the balls onto another tray lined with waxed paper. Once all the balls are coated, place in a refrigerator until hardened.
Store the truffles in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Tammy plays the handbells