Peaceful Bend Vineyard | Meramec
Made from 66%
Chambourcin blended from LeLyon Vineyard (ask me about these guys) with 34% Norton from Robller Vineyards. Once again
this is a vintage wine that is not labeled as such. The 2003 growing season was a particularly hot
one here in Missouri, with the KC region (LeLyon) seeing triple digits for well over a week.
Color was not a problem, but some of the chemistry was off. Everything worked out rather
well after blending these two dramatically different regions, but similar wines.
Using older Missouri Oak barrels from
McGinnis Cooperage kept the oak flavor as just an accent to the
and dark plum flavors.
- 1999 Missouri Wine Competition- Bronze
- 2000 Missouri Wine Competition- Silver
- 2000 American Wine Society- Bronze
- 2001 Missouri Wine Competition- Bronze
- 2002 Missouri Wine Competition- Bronze
- 2003 Missouri Wine Competition- Silver
- 2004 Missouri Wine Competition- Silver
Property of Clyde and Katie Gill|
Peaceful Bend Vineyard, L.L.C.
1942 Highway T
Steelville, Missouri USofA 65565
Tuesday - Friday
10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
10:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Noon to 5:00 PM
Otherwise open by chance.
AVA Ozark Highlands Region